Therapeutic Qigong Holiday Terms and Conditions: November 2020
Booking and Payment
1. The Client will pay Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness/Hazel Moffatt a non-transferable, non-returnable deposit of £175 for each person named in the reservation coming on a twin occupancy basis / £200 for each person coming on a single occupancy basis, to secure their place.
2. The balance monies due shall be paid by the Client to Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness by 5th September 2020, not less than 8 weeks prior to the first day of the holiday. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the holiday commencement date must be made in full at the time of booking. Payment can be made by Bank Transfer to Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness/Hazel Moffatt. Account details will be given at the time of booking.
3. The prices quoted on this website are in British Pounds. The price is the exact amount to be received by us, irrespective of fluctuations in currency and irrespective of any third party transfer charges. If you choose to pay by electronic transfer, please instruct your bank to charge all costs to you, otherwise there may be a shortfall in the amount that we receive.
1. In the event of cancellation by the Client, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund, minus the deposit, apply:
Cancellation 2 weeks or less before holiday commencement date: 0% refund
Cancellation 2 -4 weeks before holiday commencement date: 25% refund
Cancellation 4-8 weeks before holiday commencement date: 50% refund
Cancellation more than 8 weeks before holiday commencement date: 100% refund
2. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness reserves the right to cancel the reservation, retain the deposit and transfer your place to another person at our discretion
3. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel the holiday/retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of all the monies paid, but we will not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at your own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. Transfers to/from the Holiday location are at your own cost, unless otherwise stated.
1. The Client shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous or illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The Client will not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to any of the other Therapeutic Qigong holiday guests or any of the other guests or staff at the accommodation.
2. The Client will keep all accommodation fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and will replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and value
3. Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the Client in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The Client will be required to vacate the property and Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness will not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
4. The self catering apartments are based on two people sharing a twin bedded apartment. When sharing an apartment with someone you've just met we will ensure it's with someone the same gender as yourself.
The Tai Chi and Qigong Tuition
1. All Tai Chi/Qigong Tuition will be in English
2. All of Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness's Tai Chi and Qigong events including Holidays/Retreats are for Health and Wellbeing, Relaxation and Leisure purposes only. They are not intended to be part of any Tai Chi/Qigong Teacher Training programme or other Professional qualification. The martial aspect of Tai Chi/Qigong is not taught by Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness. By attending or registering for the Holiday/Retreat you are agreeing you accept and are happy with this.
Insurance and Health
1. You need to have your own travel and medical insurance. Your insurance should cover you for sickness, cancellation, losses and all the usual risks.
2. You must inform us of any health conditions or injuries before you book. We reserve the right to decline your place on the holiday if a health condition or injury is deemed a contraindication to the Tai Chi/Qigong holiday programme. Anyone wishing to attend the programme with such a health condition/injury must consult their registered GP before booking or attending. In certain cases we may ask for a letter from your GP confirming you are well enough to participate in the Tai Chi/Qigong holiday.
3. Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of Health and Safety, the Tai Chi/Qigong tuition will take place outdoors on the beach or in the countryside and we shall not be responsible for any injuries caused by nature or the environment
Amendments by Tai Chi and Nutrition for Health and Wellness
Occassionally changes may have to be made (for example, to time of classes, schedule, etc) which we reserve the right to do at any time. Changes are usually minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible time. If your accommodation has to be changed we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar standard. If a significant change becomes necessary we will advise you as soon as is reasonably possible.
Our Liability to you
1. We are not liable for any loss, injury, damage or illness which may occur during your stay or travelling to or from the Holiday. Tai Chi/Qigong tuition is undertaken at your own risk. Any walks you participate in either with the group or on your own are undertaken at your own risk and you are responsible for making sure you wear suitable footwear and clothing. We are not liable for any loss of, or damage to your personal property.
2. We do not accept any liability for cancellations, changes or delays caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control
3. We may provide you with information (via our website, in our information pack, or whilst you are on holiday) about activities and excursions which are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are neither run, supervised or controlled by us. They are provided by local operators or other third parties who are completely independent of us. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators/other third parties and/or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions.
If you have any problem during the Holiday, please inform Hazel Moffatt, the Tai Chi and Qigong Instructor/Holiday Facilitator, immediately and she will endeavour to put things right